Using PopClip to get the most out of your Mac
For those of you who haven’t used PopClip yet, it is a truly amazing tool that makes something as simple as a mouse click so much more powerful, engaging and ultimately useful.
It gives you a whole bunch of tools that appear when you highlight text. For example if I highlight a URL I can do the following:
- Open the link in my default browser - which for me is of course Chrome.
- Add to Fantastical.
- Run through a link shortener - I use goo.gl.
- Compose email using that text.
- Add link to Pocket.
- Add Link to Pinboard.
- Create note in Evernote.
- Lookup the IP for that URL.
- Google with words selected.
While some of these functions, such as the cut, copy and paste options can be completed using a keyboard shortcut - I find having access to these other functions super useful.
I only use a fraction of the different extensions that are available and if you can think of it
Continue reading →